From Student Union travel to degree-related projects, we provide bespoke group trips for groups of university students. Catering for groups of between 5 and 100 students, we organise hassle-free projects that are safe, rewarding, and meaningful.
Our most popular university volunteer projects:
We’ve specialised in organising student volunteer placements around the world since 1992. We’ve helped build schools, teach children, conserve the environment, and so much more. Since 2011, we’ve become focused on organising unique and bespoke volunteer opportunities for groups.
Each year, we send university students - both undergrad and postgrad - on trips that enhance their studies. Help your students explore the world, build skills, and leave a positive impact on the places you visit.
Why Are We the Best for University Group Trips?
We’ve worked with university students from the beginning and have created our core values to suit travellers just like you. We guarantee that your trip with us will be:
- Safe: We offer 24/7 support during your trip. All of our placements are fully researched, safety audited, and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector. Learn about our safety procedures.
- Hassle-Free: We do most of the organisation, so you don’t have to. We know you’re busy with your university studies, so let us take the pressure off. Discover our hassle-free approach.
- Impactful: Maybe you want your trip to support your degree programme or perhaps you just want a more meaningful trip. Read about our impact to discover how we ensure your time will leave an impact on you and the communities you visit.
- Flexible: Every university is unique, which is why flexibility is so important. You choose when and where you travel. We’ll help you build a trip that enhances your studies.
Our prices include everything you need to prepare for and complete your placement abroad. Check out our How It Works page for full information on what’s included.
For university trips, we want to offer flexibility to make your trip as worthwhile as possible. Here are just a few of the services we provide:
- Accommodation, meals, and ground transportation
- One free staff place for every nine students that travel
- Social events and weekend excursions
- A tailor-made itinerary
- A detailed information pack on request
- An in-person talk at your university before you sign-up
- A Q&A presentation for university students
- A full risk assessment before you leave
- Support from the moment you apply
- 24/7 support for the duration of your trip
- Advice on fundraising
- Support for your flight search
- Induction and orientation upon arrival
- A bespoke reflective journal that aligns with your degree
Universities We’ve Worked With
We’ve got plenty of experience working with universities like yours. Here are just some of the universities that have volunteered with us:
- Bath Spa University (UK)
- Queen's Belfast University (UK)
- University of Derby (UK)
- Texas State University (USA)
- Union College (USA)
- University of Delaware (USA)
- University of Tennessee (USA)
- Appleby College (Canada)
- Campus Saint-Jean (Canada)
- Central Queensland University (Canada)
- Adelaide University (Australia)
- Charles Sturt University (Australia)
- La Trobe University (Australia)
- University College Dublin (Ireland)
- Soongshil University (South Korea)
- Carnegie Mellon University (Qatar)
How to Get Started
Ready to take the next step? Here’s how to begin the process of organising an unforgettable university volunteer trip abroad.
- Contact us and let us know which projects or destinations interest you.
- We’ll get to know your ambitions and needs as a university.
- Based on your interests, we’ll send over a detailed proposal and itineraries.
- Working with you, we tweak the itinerary to make it personalised for your group.
- Submit your application.
- Start preparing and fundraising with our advice and support.
- Head out on your adventure.
- Come back feeling fulfilled, with new skills and lifelong memories.
What do others have to say?
“I look back with great satisfaction and pride with what our DSTU was able to achieve during the two weeks in Nakuru, making a real impact to the local community that we lived in for those two weeks. I had an amazing time in what is an amazing country and I am grateful for the organisation of the programme by Projects Abroad and the MOD for giving us the opportunity to go. I feel that it really developed our teamwork skills as a group as well as my own personal skills. It was the experience of a lifetime.”
- Matt Smith, Loughborough University Student