If you’re looking for a crash course on ethical consumerism and want to travel responsibly, then our Ethical Consumerism Trips abroad are for you.
We organise and run responsible travel trips that focus on connecting people, like you, to the products that we use every day. Think about that coffee on the way to work, the chocolate bar at lunch, or that glass of wine at the end of the day with friends. How often do you stop and think about how these products are made?
Our Ethical Consumerism Trips teach you about the ethical and sustainable production of wine, coffee, chocolate, or fashion. You’ll learn firsthand the social, environmental, and economic impact of the products we buy. This will help you make more informed decisions, and become a responsible consumer.
At the same time, you’ll sign up for a sustainable, hassle-free travel experience, together with like-minded people from all over the world. What are you waiting for?
Why is learning about ethical consumerism important?
Most of the products you use daily aren’t produced in your home country. Back in the day, products like fashion were produced locally but nowadays it’s changed. Many fashion industries moved to countries like Cambodia or Bangladesh due to lower production costs. Other popular products, like coffee and wine, are also produced elsewhere because of a more suitable climate. In all cases, the distance between you and the production chain doesn’t mean you should stop caring about how they’re produced.
Our Ethical Consumerism Trips enable you to travel abroad and learn about the supply-chain firsthand. We’d like to think that learning more about ethical consumerism during your trip abroad is important for two main reasons:
- You learn how your purchase decisions - like the brand of coffee you buy or that mass-produced t-shirt from a factory - impact people around the world
- You learn how to use your purchase power to build a better, more equal society, that respects human rights and the environment
Is an Ethical Consumerism Trip abroad right for me?
Our trips are perfect for anyone who wants to be a more responsible consumer. You’ll learn about sustainable tourism, eco-friendly travel, and ethical practices overseas. At the same time, you’ll explore some of the most beautiful countries in the world and immerse yourself in the local culture.
Our Ethical Consumerism Trips might be right for you if you’re:
- A socially conscious traveller who wants to visit new destinations responsibly
- A first time traveller who wants to explore the world and learn about ethical consumerism
- A student focusing on fashion, agriculture, viticulture, labour law, business, or supply chain management, who wants to see theory in practice
- A professional working in the industry who wants to expand their horizons
Anyone over 18 years can join these trips. For one week, you’ll travel together with like-minded people from all over the world, and receive support from our professional local staff. They take care of all the logistics, so you’ll have a hassle-free experience. This means you can spend more time absorbing all the new information that comes your way.
You can sign up for these projects individually, or combine them with an internship or volunteer project.
What will I gain from joining an Ethical Consumerism Trip abroad?
Our Ethical Consumerism Trips offer you the opportunity to travel abroad responsibly and learn about the ethical and sustainable production of products you love. For example, fashion, coffee, or wine.
Our trips show you the benefits of ethical consumerism directly. You’ll go into communities and hear their stories firsthand. You’ll see real examples of how consumerism and ethics can blend together. These experiences give you the perfect opportunity to get answers to questions like:
- Who is involved in producing my clothes, coffee, chocolate and wine?
- What does fair trade actually mean?
- Who are the Rainforest Alliance and what do they do?
- Does buying organic actually make a difference to the environment?
- How can I become an ethical shopper?
- How can I use my purchases to create a better world?
Once you become an ethical consumer, you can share your findings with friends, family, colleagues, and communities back home. This means you can make more conscious decisions as consumers, together. We can influence industries, fight for human rights, and combat climate change. To make conscious choices, we need to start with awareness and connect with the people producing our favourite products.
Worried about the impacts of flying to these destinations? We also offer a Carbon Offsetting Initiative through mangrove planting in destinations. We want your trip to be guilt-free!
If you want a holiday with a difference, travel sustainably and learn about responsible practices behind your favourite treats. Contact us to find out more!
Choose an Ethical Consumerism Trip
1-1 of 1 Projects
Fast Fashion Awareness Trip in CambodiaSee this project
- Price: 4595 AED for 1 week
- Extra Weeks: 4245 AED
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Minimum Duration: 1 week
- Age: 18 or over