Join our Alumni Network
Your Projects Abroad experience doesn’t have to stop when you step off the plane and return home. As a former volunteer, you automatically become part of a community of nearly 100,000 people just like you: our Alumni Network.
This network of former Projects Abroad volunteers allows you to keep in touch with everyone that you shared your experience with. You can also help encourage others to volunteer, and even pursue opportunities to work with us at home and abroad.
We are always grateful to our alumni for their support in promoting Projects Abroad. There are a number of activities for former volunteers to take part in and if you are interested in any of these, please email us at email@example.com
Keep in touch
You can stay in touch with Projects Abroad in various ways:
- You’ll automatically receive our quarterly alumni e-newsletter with updates on our projects and destinations as well as activities available for alumni.
- You can read more about the latest developments on our projects on our News page.
People often ask us about the best way to share their story and convince others to take part in a Projects Abroad placement. Here’s what we recommend:
- Share your experience with friends, family, and those around you. Often your enthusiasm, advice, and support will be the deciding factor when they are making the decision to go abroad.
- You can speak to potential volunteers, answer questions and provide valuable advice by joining our Projects Abroad Facebook page
- Potential volunteers often ask to speak with alumni from a specific project or country. We maintain a list of alumni who have agreed to give out their email address to potential volunteers. If you are interested in adding your email to this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing a Volunteer Story about your time overseas is a great way to sum up and reflect on your international volunteer experience. They are also one of the most valuable tools that we can offer potential volunteers. You can view Volunteer Stories from other alumni to get an idea of what we are looking for. Please contact us on email@example.com before writing your story.
Continue making a difference with us
Your experience and skills are needed for our ongoing work in developing countries around the world. With your help, we can make an even greater impact. We value the extra contribution that our alumni can make and we have made it even easier for you to join another project with us.
As a Projects Abroad alumnus, we offer you:
- A 10% discount when you sign up for another project with us at any time in the future. This goes up to 15% if you sign up within three months of finishing your previous project.
- A 50% discount on the deposit to secure your spot on your next project.
- A 10% discount for each volunteer you recommend who signs up with us. This is cumulative, so that means that you could join a project for free - up to a duration of four weeks - if you sign up nine other volunteers. Your friend/s will also receive 5% off their project fee.
There are many opportunities for our alumni to actively promote our projects. You can speak to potential volunteers at Information Evenings and Careers Fairs, write a newspaper article, hold a presentation, and more.
Learn about these ongoing opportunities on our Promotional activities page.
Work for us
We are always looking for former volunteers to work alongside our staff here in the UK and around the world. In fact, having staff members who are former volunteers makes a huge difference. It’s something that makes our volunteer projects special. To learn more, please visit our Jobs with Projects Abroad page.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.