Recruitment Director - USA
Vacancy for: Recruitment Office Director
Based: New York
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
Projects Abroad is the leading organization recruiting young people from the United States, Canada and around the world to embark on worthwhile travel experiences, volunteering and interning in a variety of sustainable and long-term projects. Annually, we send 10,000 volunteers and interns to 30 developing countries to participate in projects focused on education, disability care, conservation, healthcare, micro-finance and human rights in countries across Asia, Africa and Latin America.
We’re seeking to hire a Recruitment Director to lead our US office which is based in New York City. This is a senior position in a global organization with significant responsibility for managing both growth in volunteer numbers and the day to day needs of a small but vibrant office.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic individual with management experience, a background in international education or service travel, with outstanding communication skills and a strong, practical grasp of marketing (including digital marketing practice). They will relish the challenge of growing our US market and, through this, contributing to worthwhile projects across the developing world.
• Take responsibility for the day to day management of the US office, its responsibilities and obligations
• Support and develop existing and new team members
• Lead the formulation and execution of a marketing plan to increase recruitment of volunteers and interns for overseas programs
• Confidently lead the communication of the Projects Abroad mission and values at exhibitions, presentations and developing key account relationships
• Manage supplier relationships, monitoring and negotiating as required
• Take responsibility for financial management of the office, setting budgets, making payments, managing bank accounts and accurate timely reporting of transactions
• Lead and share good practice with senior management and peers based in any of 50 countries in which Projects Abroad has a presence
• In short: manage the sales, finances, HR, suppliers and legal obligations of a small business which is a vital part of a much larger global presence
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
• Be a university graduate
• Have a minimum of 3 years' management experience
• Have a solid understanding of and (desirably) qualifications in marketing practice including digital marketing experience including content creation, SEO and analytics
• Have spent a significant amount of time working or traveling in a developing country – preferably undertaking service work in one of our destination countries
• Be creative, self-reliant and flexible. And relish a problem to be solved or new skills to be acquired
• Have excellent phone and interpersonal skills, outstanding written abilities and be a confident and engaging public speaker
• Be located in or be willing to relocate to New York
• Be legally eligible to work in the USA
• Be fluent in English, both spoken and written with familiarity with MS Office programs
• Have a driver’s license and a good driving record
• Prior experience with Projects Abroad a plus
Employment is on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. Salary is dependent on experience. Agreed day-to-day work-related expenses and employer-funded health insurance are also provided; vacation time starts at twenty days per year.
To apply, please complete the online application form and upload your your CV and a cover letter. Strong candidates will be contacted to arrange a telephone interview and/or in-person interview where salary expectations will be discussed.