Public Health Project Coordinator - Cambodia
Vacancy for: Project Coordinator - Public Health
Based: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Our fundamental mission is to provide support to critical areas and promote a cultural exchange that will benefit both our volunteers and the communities in which they work. We’re looking for a professional in the Medical field to help to manage the Public Health project of Projects Abroad Cambodia, ensuring that volunteers are matched appropriately with placements, activities are clearly worked out, and volunteers understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Assist volunteers in the medical assessment, referrals, medical care and support of Public Health beneficiaries to ensure improved health standards for target communities.
- Take the decision together with a Projects Abroad volunteer and Khemara representative on which potential beneficiaries to provide medical assistance and support to.
- Develop and maintain medical records for all public health beneficiaries in combination with volunteers and key stakeholders.
- Conduct workplace introductions for all Public Health volunteers.
- Ensure all Public Health volunteers have a set structure, resources and support for their placements.
- Ensure that volunteers are comfortable during their stay in Cambodia.
- Develop strategies to ensure that placement activities are worthwhile for volunteers.
- Write monthly impact reports and create budgets.
- Take volunteers to a hospital when sick.
The job is busy and can be physically demanding so you should be prepared to work flexible hours and be willing to travel within Cambodia when necessary.
- Be a bachelor of Medicine with at least 2 years of relevant experience (International exposure/working experience with foreign nationalities is preferred)
- Have proven ability to formulate and implement operational plans
- Have at least 2 years of experience in health care, with a thorough knowledge of first aid and medical care
- Be fluent in English and other languages as possible
- Have experience/ability working with a culturally diverse population
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Have written and verbal translation skills
- Have good decision making and leadership skills
An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
To apply: click on the apply button and upload a CV and a cover letter in one combined file.