Program Advisor Hong Kong
Vacancy for: Programme Advisor
Based: Hong Kong, China
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the leading organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas. Annually we recruit over 10,000 enthusiastic volunteers to over 30 developing countries. We put enormous importance on the welfare of our volunteers during their time with us overseas – our global team is committed to providing our volunteers with worthwhile work and the experience of a lifetime.
The Program Advisor in Hong Kong is responsible for increasing the office’s revenue by answering volunteer prospects’ inquiries from China. It is also the job for this position to promote the organization by creating both online and offline marketing materials.
- Reply inquiry emails
- Advise prospective volunteers on the best countries and projects to suit their interest
- Text updates on Simplified Chinese websites
- Make video editing and posting on Simplified Chinese websites
- Update social media (Weibo/Weixin)
- Make a info session preparation and follow up
- Make English print design and printing
- Make brochure postage
- Send postcard & brochure-chaser email
- Make school and advisor mailshots
- Be a citizen of or eligible to work in Hong Kong
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Translation, Humanities or Social Sciences
- Have 2 years' experience in a related field
- Be fluent in English and Mandarin
- Have excellent oral and written skills in English and Chinese
- Be well-honed writing abilities
- Have a knowledge of web design
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Be self-reliant, proactive and flexible
- Have ability to work under pressure
- Be able to meet short deadlines and multi-task
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
Please send us:
- A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
- A one-page CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role