Field and Base Coordinator
Vacancy for: Field and Base Coordinator
Based: Koh Sdach, Cambodia
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We have projects running in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re looking for an active, people-oriented and bilingual professional to help manage all operations and logistics for our volunteers’ daily tasks at the Conservation project. This is a busy role which will lead to long working days.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Airport pick-ups
- Local Orientation
- Training of volunteers in cultural awareness and project activities
- To supervise and execute field activities
- To motivate all volunteers and local participants in the conservation work
- Take an active interest in all the conservation and scientific programmes
- Be responsible for the maintenance of equipment and accessories
- To ensure that all participants adhere to safety practices
- Office Administration
- Prepare budgets
- Assisting the Project Manager with all aspects of the project
- Organisation and supervision of our Community, Education and Awareness Projects
- Be available 24 hours, including weekends and holidays during an emergency rota
- Be a Cambodian citizen
- Have at least 1 year's previous experience in the field
- Have good written and spoken English
- Have proven experience of organising and leading people
- Be experienced with working with NGOs/volunteers/young people
- Be familiar with field operation logistics
- Have administrative and time management skills
- Have knowledge of local culture and language
- Have excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Have pro-activity and decision making skills
- Have the ability to handle an emergency situation
You will be hired under a permanent contract, after passing a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
To apply, please complete the application form and upload:
- A two-page CV clearly outlining your relevant experience to this role
- A one-page cover letter, telling us why you’re perfect for this role
Start Date: as soon as possible.