Country Director - Argentina
Vacancy for: Country Director
Based: Córdoba, Argentina
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the leading international volunteer organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 volunteers to 29 developing countries to gain experience in fields such as teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We promote volunteering opportunities through our websites, social media accounts and events.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference, to direct our Operations office in Córdoba, Argentina.
Your role as a Country Director:
The role involves planning, directing, and coordinating the administrative, operational and strategic direction of Projects Abroad Argentina. The nature of the position entails frequents, timely and effective communication with volunteers and overseas offices. The main objective of this position is to ensure Projects Abroad Argentina is properly managed so that it is a sustainable and viable destination offering worthwhile projects. This entails planning and strategically positioning Projects Abroad Argentina and offering exceptional service to all partners thus ensuring continued improvement and growth in Projects Abroad Argentina. Our fundamental mission is to provide support to critical areas and promote a cultural exchange that will benefit both our volunteers and the communities in which they work. The job is very busy and can be physically demanding so the Country Director should be prepared to work flexible hours and be willing to travel within and outside Argentina if necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Administration - Finance
• Manage the monthly budget and perform all administrative duties.
• Ensure all expenditures are timely and properly recorded on the internal software.
• Comply with all directions from Finance Office.
• Manage the bank account and ensure proper registration of all money movements.
• With the help of the accountant prepare salary payments to employees, make salary tax payments on time, and fulfill all other payment obligations of the office.
• Prepare the annual accounts balance statement to be presented by the NGO along with the assistance of the accountant.
• Ensures all premises are working properly and up to Projects Abroad standards in terms of cleanliness and comfort.
• Ensure all Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) are enforced by all relevant staff members.
• Develop and execute, along with team, an operational plan for Projects Abroad Argentina.
• Manage staff (Volunteer Coordinators, Project Manager and Office Assistant) and Documentation and ensure quality outcomes to all partners.
• Coordinate all human resource related functions such as evaluation of staff, vacation details and staff development, in accordance to HR company procedures.
• Organise and coordinate office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
• Take disciplinary actions in consultation with Head office where necessary.
Volunteers – Community
• Ensure that each new volunteer feels welcome and secure in his/her new environment.
• Maintain effective communication between the overseas office and the Head Office where necessary.
• Plan, budget and organize all groups.
• Liaise with partners and form strategic working relationships for the future growth and development of Projects Abroad Argentina.
• Work alongside Visa Team to sort out any visa related matters.
• Represent Projects Abroad Argentina at meetings, workshops, seminars, presentations, interviews as necessary.
• Research and investigate new project areas for strengthening and diversity of Argentinian projects.
• Efficiently deal with all problems and complaints.
- At least 5 years of experience in Business Management, Administration, Social Sciences or any other related field.
- Ideally: Master of Science degree (M.Sc.) or equivalent in the above listed fields.
- Strategic and operational planning.
- Experience working with culturally diverse population.
- Experience in project development and management.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet.
- Office administration and Human resource management and supervision.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Fluent in Spanish, both spoken and written.
You will be offered a permanent contract, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. A job offer is dependent upon a successful interview and satisfactory references.
To apply, please complete the online application form and provide:
A one-page cover letter explaining why you would be perfect for this role.
A two-page CV highlighting your relevant experience