Community Manager - United Kingdom
Vacancy for: Community Manager
Based: Brighton, UK or Cape Town, South Africa
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the world’s largest international volunteering and internship organisation. We’ve been running for over 25 years and have sent over 100,00 people on projects throughout the world.
We don’t just talk about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
The Community Manager is responsible for building and maintaining the Projects Abroad alumni network. Specifically, you will be responsible for the conversion of alumni to volunteer re-applications, and nurturing and growing an active and enthusiastic global Projects Abroad alumni community.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Along with the Digital Marketing Manager, develop a strategy and roadmap for growing the Projects Abroad alumni community
- Take responsibility for the implementation and success of the growth strategy and roadmap
- Ensure recruitment offices know how to process, contact and make best use of alumni
- Provide alumni network training to Recruitment Offices and Destination staff
- Create training resources for Projects Abroad staff and alumni
- Manage an alumni communication schedule and ensure that materials are developed and sent out on time
- Occasionally take part in familiarisation visits to new or current destinations in order to gain information and actual experience that can help promote Projects Abroad programmes
- Use various platforms to communicate with and nurture the alumni community, such as social media
- Be based in the Brighton area in the UK, or in Cape Town, South Africa
- Be eligible to work in the UK or in South Africa
- Have experience volunteering with Projects Abroad or a similar organisation
- Have experience in community management, especially online
- Have event management experience
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office and the Internet
- Be outgoing and energetic
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enjoy working with people from all over the world, and be enthusiastic about collaborating across cultures - Be culturally sensitive
Are you interested?
Please send us:
• A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
• A one-page CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role