Admin Assistant - United Kingdom
Vacancy for: Admin Assistant
Based: Goring-by-sea, United Kingdom
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
We are looking for an admin assistant to help run our office. The ideal candidate will have good attention to detail and organisation skills, and we offer a great opportunity to learn about an interesting and dynamic industry.
The role involves:
- Receiving and distributing the post
- Answer the first ring on the telephones, deal with queries, pass on or take messages
- Check answer phone for messages overnight
- Order supplies for the office
- Organise occasional lunch arrangements
- Handle all overseas couriering
- Process payments taken over the phone
- Update invoices and send admin emails
- Process refunds of overpayments
- Go to the bank to deposit cheques
- Have experience working in customer service
- Be capable of troubleshooting
- Have proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, email and internet
- Be fluent in oral and written English. Other languages preferable but not a requirement
- Excellent communication skills
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Be interested in travel and cultural exchange
This is a summer role, on a 3-month contract. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
To apply, please fill out the application form and provide a two-page CV and a cover letter.
Projects Abroad is the leading international volunteer and internship organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 volunteers to 29 developing countries to gain experience in fields such as teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We don't just talk about making a difference in the world, we do it everyday.