Payments Administrator - Mexico
Vacancy for: Payments Administrator -This is a job opportunity for current employees at the NAVA Office only.
Based: Guadalajara, Mexico
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
We’re looking for an Administrator in the Payments Team. The main objective of this position is to ensure that all volunteers receive the correct invoice for their chosen project and that all payments received are correctly loaded. Travel insurance has to be put in place and permissions have to be loaded for the volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process credit card payments of our clients via PayPal
- Responsible for processing payments, ensuring they are authorised and issued in a timely manner.
- Update our client’s invoices after payment has been taken
- Update our global database and relevant offices once the payment has been taken
- Calculate the programme fees which our clients owe
- Chase and remind clients to pay their fees
- Put travel insurance in place for our clients and assist in answering any queries related to insurance add ons or policy details
- Checking PayPal Reports and Pay Simple reports
- Undertake additional flexible tasks that involve visa fees, loading of visa permission groups and assistance with destination specific checklists as relevant
- Consulting and updating the debtors report
- Covering for team members when they are sick or on leave
- Answer questions from staff and clients about invoices and payments
- Update and amend our client’s profiles
- Provide personalized customer service of the highest level at all times.
- Record and log the source for each client’s enquiry accurately.
- Use sound judgement to manage difficult customer situations, to respond promptly to the needs of the customer
- Have proven invoice processing and systems knowledge
- Have very strong attention to detail
- Preferably have some book keeping or basic accounting experience
- Have exceptional customer service
- Have strong administrative experience from a corporate environment
- Be experienced in the travel sector
- Be fluent in English, spoken and written
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy giving advice and clear instructions to people
- Be reliable, self-reliant and flexible
- Be adept at working as part of a team
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period.
Are you interested?
Great! We want to hear from you.
Please complete the application form and upload:
- A one-page cover letter, telling us why you’re perfect for this role - please upload this using the "Select Resume" upload tab
Application Deadline: Tuesday 11th July.